Monday 27 November 2017

How a jackal eat an elephant [The clever jackal, lion, tiger, vultures, leopard and dead elephant]

Once upon a time there was a jackal. He was very hungry, walking here and there and looking for something to eat. Many days passed but he did not find any food. One day he saw a dead elephant. The jackal was very happy that he had found food, but there was a problem. How a jackal eat an elephant? The elephant's skin is very thick for his teeth.


The jackal also knew that the skin of the elephant would be too thick for his teeth. He could not bite with his teeth. So, he wanted someone to make a cut in the skin of the dead elephant. But he did not want to share its flesh.

Then a lion came and the clever jackal said, “I was guarding this elephant for you to taste. Please have a bite. But the elephant was killed by a hunter and he may come at any time.”

But the lion said, “No. I kill the animals myself and then I eat them, and not the already dead ones. ” And then the lion walked away. Then a tiger came there; the jackal was afraid that the tiger might eat the whole elephant.

The jackal said, “I am looking after this elephant because I don't want anyone to eat it.”

The tiger walked to the elephant to eat it. Now the jackal was worried.

The jackal said, “Stop please. A hunter had killed this elephant with a poisoned arrow. Those who eat its flesh will aslo get poisoned and die.”

The tiger was scared and he quickly went away. Then two vultures came and the jackal told the same thing to them. The vultures also flew away.

Then the jackal was happy that no one had taken away the dinner he had kept for himself. But he still needed the thick skin of the elephant to be cut before he could eat the flesh of the elephant.

Then a leopard came by.

The clever jackal said, “This elephant was killed by a lion who has gone to get his family to eat it.”

The leopard said, “Oh! Then I should not have his dinner. If I had it then the lion will be very angry with me.” And started to walk.

Then the jackal said, “Don't worry, I am your friend. I will help you. ”

The leopard asked, “But how?”

The jackal replied, “I will keep a watch. You can have a bite of the elephant. When I see the lion coming back, I will tell you and then, you can run away from here.”

“How nice of you!” said the leopard and started biting the skin of elephant. When the jackal saw that the skin of the elephant had been cut by the leopard, he shouted, “Run ...... The lion is coming. ”

The leopard left the dead elephant and ran away. This was what the jackal had wanted. The skin of the elephant had been cut by the leopard's sharp teeth. Now the jackal had his dinner and enjoyed the flesh of the elephant for many days.

0 comments: