Sunday 23 July 2017

I'm A Blind Man, and my world is pale

All day long I think about how many steps I take, and what I have to do next. What time is it? When waking up in the middle of the night as totally blind man with no sense of light or dark, the answer to this question isn't always as simple to answer as it seems. It isn't as easy as viewing the red dials of a digital clock, or looking at the light coming through the curtains. My sight remains permanently foggy at whatever time of day or night, although I am not completely in the dark all I see is a constant snow storm!

A blind man is a man whose inner eye failed to see, whose deep conscious did not protect him primarily from himself. His world is indeed pale. He has only the right to cry in the moment, and pain is chewing his bare soul.

If you're living close the door.
I'm not expecting people anymore.
Hear me grieving, I'm lying on the floor.
Whether I'm drunk or dead I really ain't too sure.

I'm a blind man, and my world is pale.
When the blind man cries, Lord, you know there ain't no shadder tale.




0 comments: